Introducing, The LiveTrek Guardian
A Slimline portable safety GPS tracker designed specifically for Bikes and all non-powered assets.
The LiveTrek Guardian is designed to be bolted onto any surface. Specifically between your bike's bottle cage and frame but can also be cable tied or bolted onto any surface such as a tradie's toolbox.
The tracker is powered by a rechargeable battery that can last up to 2-3 weeks (see fine print below) before needing recharging using the supplied magnetic charging cable and takes around an hour for a full charge.
Built-in SOS button allows an immediately alert to be sent to your phone or your loved ones in cases of emergency.
Accident/impact alert function for detecting potential accidents during a ride. Alert your loved ones of a potential emergency with live updates of your location and speed before an incident. Please note this function is not recommended for Mountain bikes or Cyclocrossing. (Read fine print below)
Theft Alert - Once you've parked your bike you can enable park mode so that when movement is detected afterwards an alert will be sent to your phone within 15-20 seconds depending on network speed.
Lightning mode - Bike is taken? Lightning mode will prompt the LiveTrek Guardian to throw a location update every second for 60 seconds to help you get ahead of the offender.
- The tracker is supplied Vodafone Pay & Go SIM card. Very little data is needed for each location update so your running cost will be less than $20 for the entire year!
The only on-going costs are from the Vodafone prepay SIM which requires a $20 a year minimum top up to keep the SIM active. Starting 2022 there will be a Google map service fee approximately $18 a year per tracker in order for our apps to use the latest Google map updates. However all new trackers will come with first year free, for more information please click here
- Your tracker is viewed and controlled through our free app, available for Android and Apple devices. The app allows you to change different update frequency settings from 30 seconds, 10minutes to every 2 hours to help preserve battery life.
- LiveTrek Guardian can easily be installed in a concealed location allowing you to view its current location on a smartphone.
- You can track multiple bikes, vehicles or boats on your phone. LiveTrek Guardian uses GPS satellites for fixing the location but requires the mobile network to send that data to your phone.
- If you wish, you can also share the location of your tracker with other smartphone users. This can be done by issuing them with codes that are specific to that tracker.
- A virtual boundary can be created and you will be notified when the tracker moves outside this designated area.
- Location history can be viewed for any day in the past week.
- Our trackers will only update when it is outside where Vodafone reception and GPS signal is available
- Our trackers may not update if it is in the garage or under shelter as GPS signal is not able to break through buildings.
- Our trackers will not update if there is no Vodafone reception.
- Accuracy is generally within few metres, however when under shelter or cover inaccuracies of up to 200 metre or more can occur. This is because when under shelter only sway/weak GPS signals will be detected. Sway GPS signals can be bounced in fromt all direction and from hundreds of metres away in dense areas.
- Lintek; Livetrek; We; do not take any liability of assets or items lost, it is the users responsbility to insure the product is charged and used in areas with the required reception and is in working condition.
- Accident alert feature may create false alarms because as not all bikers and bikes are created equal. This feature is more for road bikes and commuters thou false alarms can be triggered by a fast strava segment challenger flying over speed bumps and pot holes at times. Use feature at own descretion.
- Failure to top up the provided Vodafone Pay & Go card within 12 months will cause the SIM to become inactive. This means there is a charge of appoximately $30 + top up credit to send the tracker back to us for a SIM replacement.
- Battery life is fully dependent on how active the tracker is, the signal strength and the update frequency. In 30 seconds update modes and 1-2 hours of movement a day means you'll get 3-5 days. The worse the reception the more the tracker will use power to hunt for better reception. While in 10 minute or 2 hour modes and minimal movement per day you can have the tracker last up to 3 weeks or more. We recommend that whenever your bike or asset is parked at home, always leave it on the charge before it's taken out again.